Oh, the originality!
On Saturday, we had a birthday party for a sweet friend's 1 yr old, the kids had a blast, the little boy, not so sure about him...(He's the one abigails holding with the hat on...crying!)
So here is my second cake that I have made....their "team" is Mississippi State University, hence the MSU sign I painted in the corner. I love doing them, I just need to keep practicing so I can be like "The Cake Boss"
I also made a little one for the birthday boy to eat!
And here is some of the projects that have gotten done since the kiddos have been in school...
I painted a striped border around Averys room
Abigial wanted purple polka dots
The 'kids bathroom' was previously pink and brown, I got sick of it, so with a little can of oops paint and a clearance tablecloth, turned shower curtain....here is the new bathroom.
And then my big project....I have been getting sick of my laundry/pantry and decided that it needed changing, and since I am in there all the time, with 2 kiddos who can stink up some clothes, and making 20 meals a day for those same kids....here is my new laundry/pantry.
For what ever reason it's kinda messy looking on the picture, but promise, it's not that messy! I love all the containers and boxes that I was able to get all out food into.
And just a little taste of fall, I al so ready!
So that is about all for now, I have been enjoying having some time at home, I have been able to work on the house so that when the kids get home, I get to play with them instead of having to clean all day long, I am able to get it all done in the morning, then have the afternoon free!
The kids have been enjoying school, they are making friends and having fun, we go on our first field trip for Avery in a few weeks, so that will be alot of fun! Can't wait to give you some more pics and updates as the year goes on.
4 comments:
love the pics of the kids! Also great job on the cake! I didn't know you made cakes! Blessings to you all!
uh...so you can be cake boss???
sister, you ARE the cake boss. That cake rocks! my boys would die for that cake. you're home looks lovely!
So glad I found your blog through Lisa Shay's...you are so talented!! Between the cakes and painting--Wow! Look forward to scrolling back through your posts and reading about your sweet family!
I loved your pantry last night. It was so cheery and the color so "happy". You are so gifted and talented and I'm thankful you are part of our family.
Post a Comment